Family Law: Realities, Expectations and Hope
About the Conference
LAWASIA is pleased to invite the participation of members and legal professionals at the 7th LAWASIA Family Law & Children’s Rights Conference, to be held in Vientiane, Laos from 6 – 8 June 2018. The conference program offers high-level content relevant not only to family law practitioners, but also to children’s advocates, policy advisors, academics, judicial officers and a range of non-government organisations.
Hosted on the banks of the Mekong River, the conference will examine a range of cross-border issues in family law and children’s rights, including:
• trafficking of the vulnerable;
• surrogacy and ethical challenges;
• the impact of social media on family law;
• support for families and children in distress;
• effective negotiations and understanding the client, the lawyer and the child;
• technology in family law practice;
• challenges in international family law and The Hague Convention;
• the protection of vulnerable members of the family; and
• estrangement and alienation and future world – family law in the next decade.
This will be the seventh in a series of LAWASIA conferences on family law and children’s rights (FLCR). Building on the success of previous FLCR events, the conference will provide a unique opportunity for lawyers and associated professional members in the region to exchange insights, explore current policy and practice issues, and exposure to a professional network of colleagues with shared interests and expertise.